Saturday, December 8, 2012

{ terrible things }

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything to fall in love truly.
It was all I could think.
That's when I met your father.
The boy of my dreams.
The most beautiful man that I'd ever seen.
I said " Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I can't help but notice you staring at me,
I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe,
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."
Now Saf, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.

Now most of the time we'd have too much to drink .
And we'd laugh at the stars and share everything.
Too young to notice and too dumb to care.
Love was a story that couldn't compare.
He said "Girl  can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and a ring,
open with care now, I'm asking you please,

you know that I love you,

will you marry me?"

Now Saf, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.

Now those were the times that we loved and we cared.
Like we don't have a thing in the world left to bear.
We promised and vowed the same thing again.
That we'd love each other until the world's end.

Now Saf, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.

You'll learn one day, and I hope and I pray that God shows you life differently.

.

.

Because....

.

.

He said " Girl can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm in love with somebody else.
Please don't be sad now, and please stop those tears.
You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees.

I couldn't even bear to tell him there's a life somewhere beneath.

.

So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose.
If you're given the choice, I'm begging you to choose.
Don't let it get you, I can't bear to see

That you'd go through the same suffering that life gave to me.

Now Saffy, my daughter, I'm only telling you this, because life can do terrible things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs