2012 was a year of torment for me. There were so many bad vibes. So the following year( which was 2013), I decided to make a wishlist. The list consists of things I want to experience that I wasn't able to do in the previous year. But since this year is ending, ( which was quite fast), I am going to comment on each of these items one by one. So here are the things that I had planned for the year 2013: Done and Undone.
- Items which are not in red and not crossed out: UNDONE
1* Will cosplay more
- I’ve realized that I’ve been skipping cosplay events here and there because either I’m too busy working or I didn’t have the moolah for it. (´∩｀。)
MY SAY: I wasn't able to cosplay more because of work, not having much time for it and also, I resigned from my job in March 2013 so there wasn't any source of income for expenditures. And for some reason, every cosplay event is held on a Saturday, and I have work on Saturdays so no can do. I can't file a leave whenever there is an event. That would leave me definitely penniless. And also, I had to focus on my review lessons. :( I was only able to cosplay twice this year as Trucy Wright from Ace Attorney and Marceline from Adventure Time.
MY SAY: And finally, I bought one with my own savings. It's a Canon Rebel T3. And I have this habit of naming things so I named this baby of mine " Rebel" ( Well, obviously? ).
3* more photoshoots
- I didn’t get to do photoshoots lately. Same reason as what I gave in number 1. And my photographer friends also have their own agendas. (´Д｀。)
MY SAY: No time for photoshoots. :( There were so many photoshoot opportunities but I declined because of schedule conflicts. Didn't have much time.
MY SAY: This year was filled with rainbows and butterflies and star dusts born from friendship. Had made so many memories with my oh-so-crazy gang and is hoping to make more of it in the upcoming year.
5* will look the best everyday
- People are telling me to lose my previous wardrobe and wear something daring. DARING: like wearing dresses and brag about them legs. Haha. They told me to show more of my skin. I .WILL .TRY. Haha.
MY SAY: There was a time wherein I had a drastic change of wardrobe but there was this one point, I became too lazy to play dress up and decided to be the " old and simple" Mau again. Jeans, blouses and shirts were usually my fashion picks for this year.
MY SAY: Friends have been spoiling me with frogs. So many frogs. My room is just filled with them. Yeah. Frogs. <3
MY SAY: Well, not exactly an Iphone. Instead, an Android phone. Didn't even know the difference between an Iphone and an Android Phone. Lol! Seriously. I thought you consider an Iphone an Android phone because they're ...like... similar. Now leave me in my endless misery. illOTL
MY SAY: I know my reasons are a bit too immature for your liking, and I just can't explain it, but I wanted to try out instagram. So one of the reasons why I wanted an Iphone is, yeap, an Instagram. Instagram. You know, the cliche's of instagramming the instagramambles. Lol!
9* will do more art
- was too busy working and didn’t have the time to draw more of my mangas. I need to do artsy stuff once again. Otherwise, my drawing skills will *poooooof* if you get what I mean. >///< I wouldn’t like that to happen.
MY SAY: A 50:50 for this one. I had author's blocks which were really really bad. Only got to finish one chapter of my manga for this year. :( So sad. I am losing my artsy skills as we know it. Ugh!
10* will practice playing my bass guitar and have more gigs with my band
- Since I am in love with my bass guitar and I love performing songs as a bassist, I decided to put this in my list. I want to enhance my skills of playing the bass guitar with my band. And to do more gigs is one of the ways to enhance it.
MY SAY: Didn't get to play my bass guitar at all. AT ALL. My bass guitar skills are getting a bit rusty. Tch. There weren't any opportunities to perform.
MY SAY: Let's just say I have been responsible of myself and independent because my mom would allow me to go out late at night now. Without the nagging, of course.
MY SAY: Since I got to buy myself a DSLR and some bad ass awesome lens, why thank you number 12.
MY SAY: Like seriously, 2013 was "new-friends" year for me. Was able to meet new people and become friends with them. Friendship is such a wonderful thing. It gives you so much strength and happiness.
MY SAY: Been blogging about food, restaurants, places, experiences, any hows and any whats ( I forgot what I meant by that; it has been a year) and all the et ceteras in the world, and of course, will continue blogging as I should.
15* will officially study the Japanese language
- Since I am surrounded by my beloved beloved Japan-related work, it makes teaching easier. I am officially going to enroll in a Japanese language school to learn more about the grammar and the different phonetics. And especially their writings. (;*△*;)
MY SAY: Studying the Japanese language requires a lot of money. And time. But definitely, the money man.
16* will lose some extra pounds
- I know losing some weight is impossible for a sickly girl like me but I have to surpass the limits of my condition. And this is a must for me. Whew. Gotta lay down on the carbs.
MY SAY: GAIN is more like it! Since I was jobless for a moment, my daily routines were sleep, eat, use the laptop or the personal computer, play games, draw, think about life and its mysteries and eat again. Not to mention, today we are spending the Christmas holidays so there is food everywhere ( a Filipino custom). So yeah, gave up on that one.
MY SAY: Yes, so many awesome songs for this year such as Just Give Me A Reason by Pink, Let It Go by Idina Menzel, Why Don't You Love Me by Hot Chelle ft. Demi Lovato, Unconditionally and Roar by Katy Perry, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus and many many more.
MY SAY: Been to different places like Camotes Island and Oslob WITH friends. And it's a miracle. My parents would usually say NO. *insert cat NO grumpy face meme here* and just lecture me away regarding the dangers of going to places you barely know. But ohhh, not this time!
MY SAY: Was still in the verge of sanity when I had the guts to wear a two piece in April 2013. I was so confident back then. Where have you gone now, confidence!?
MY SAY: Honestly, I never expected this would happen. When I was writing the above post, it was just for the sake of ... uh... writing. But look at me now, oh so in love with my hyperactive boyfriend. We started out as strangers, then became awkward-bickermates, then friends, to crushes and then to lovers. The world is beautiful. ♥
So this sums it up. As you can see, so much red. :D 2013 was memorable and oh-so-good. I realized when you face life in positivity,good things DO happen. Better, even.
P.S. I am so blessed this year. I love you Dear Father. Thank you for letting me pass the board exam on my first take. Without you, everything wouldn't be possible.