Friday, March 22, 2013

{The Art of Selca }

Okay, I know that it's been such a loooong looooooooong hiatus. I am sorry.  (ಥ﹏ಥ)


I've been busy the past few days because that heavy decision has finally been put to action. My days are numbered. It breaks my heart. <///3


Well, enough about that, I get to introduce something interesting to you guys again. And it is called "SELCA". 


As an introduction to this uncommon word, it is short for self-capture. And its wonders.


This is where you get to take photos of yourself, but not the everyday ordinary photos of you doing wakee poses and the sort, but by placing your camera in an angle with sufficient lighting that would make your beauty be placed at its peak.


Selca is popular among Asians especially Korean Ulzzangs. They do those all the time. It is the art of camwhoring, so to speak. But it's addictive. ♥



TADAAAAAAAAAAA. The art of Selca. ♥


HERE ARE SOME TIPS I LEARNED WHILE DOING SELCA: 


1.) MAKE SURE TO WEAR A LITTLE MAKEUP


A small blush won't hurt right? Yes, it won't. Put a little shimmer here and put a little shimmer there. It doesn't take much time to just place a little et ceteras on your face. If you want to look presentable, you have to MAKE yourself look presentable. This is for the capture of YOU.


2.) CHECK THE LIGHTING


Okay. So this is obvious. And I think that those three little words are enough to comprehend. Take some sample shots. Check the lighting of the area. Make sure the lighting is sufficient for your pretty face. It is always an essential part when it comes to taking photos. Make sure the room isn't dark and make sure the lighting suits your taste.


3.) THAT FAT FACE


Everybody doesn't want their faces to look fat now, do we? Of course we have to do ninja moves in order to catch that perfect angle we are always aiming for. Tilt your chin, find that perfect angle, stretch your neck, make your eyes look bigger by putting the camera in a higher angle, and et cetera and et cetara. That will be in your own accord.


4.) A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT


If in case, the lighting isn't sufficient, or the fact that you are having a very big zit at the moment, do not hesitate to edit your photos. We are talking about photos people. And yes, like what I said awhile ago, make sure to MAKE yourself look presentable. So a little zit gone doesn't hurt also.


5.) SHOW THE WORLD "YOU"


Have fun. Practice. Take photos with pets, with your crazy best friend, props, accessorize. ART PEOPLE AAAARTTT! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)


Ehem ehem, I got carried away.


Yes, show the world YOU. YOUR BEAUTY. YOUR ATTRACTIVENESS. That talllll nose. Haha. Just be YOU.  (*´・v・)>


6.) CAMERAS are IMPORTANT TOO


Of course, to take good photos, we have to have a good camera too. Trust me, having a bad quality camera, doesn't bring the best beauty out of you. Make sure to invest. Invest for that good camera. As for my case, I am just satisfied of my phone's camera. ♥ I can carry it around and take photos of everywhere. I have lots to invest. I am currently saving up for a Canon 600D DSLR. ( And yes, I am a photographer-wanna-be). I must rob a bank.  \(T∇T)/YAAAY.


7.) COLLECT AND SELECT


Take lots and lots of photos. And select the best ones. And if you are torn between two best-"est" pictures, grid them. Place both of them in a strip. That would definitely make the situation a "win-win" (´・ω・)っ由


So, yes. Those are the things I learned from doing selca personally.


Check out my instagram account if you want to check my selca photos.  ( Link at the right portion of this page) ----->


So always remember guys, be artsy about it.


Enjoy the art of SELCA.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this very wonderful information. #3 made me LOL. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Well it is true, isn't it? Thank you for the time to read and comment on my blog. I hope it helps. And your welcome. :3

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs