Saturday, February 24, 2018

Bohol - Chocolate Hills


This is now the final Bohol blog post! FINALLY! Haha. I apologize for all the delays in the blog posts. I've been too busy with work and once I've got that free time, I'd rather play video games or sleep it off. Sometimes, I just hate myself for procrastinating. 

We went to Bohol in November and oh, look at the month now. Haha. Three months have passed so quickly since then. It's been a roller coaster ride at work and with my health.

Remember when I mentioned in my previous blog post that we thought that we were never going to make it to Chocolate Hills because we were running out of time? WE MADE IT. Locals misinformed us that it would close at 5:00 p.m., and it was already 5:15 p.m. at that time when we departed from the Tarsier sanctuary plus the travel time it took to get to Chocolate Hills. So we were kinda wanting to head home. But deep inside the two of us, we just had to take the risk of asking if it's still open. And to our luck, it still was. The entrance to Chocolate Hills closes at 6:00 p.m., not 5:00 p.m.

So we hurriedly bought our share of tickets that cost Php50.00 each and headed right to the 214-step staircase (214 because Mark and I manually counted them and yes, I still remember it up to this day). It was so exhausting to have climbed those steps, but as you ascend, you can make out the beautiful panoramic view of the famous hills. The sun had already began its descent in the horizon, so luckily, it wasn't scorching (imagine coming here at noon without any shade). We would take a minute break now and then as we climbed because I was asthmatic. Fortunately, for me, Mark was there to encourage and support me as we made our way to the top.

When we reached the top, the view was AMAZING. The sky and its lilac afterglow made it all the more perfect. ♥ It was spectacular and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Our trip to Bohol was very memorable.

Can you imagine that we were able to explore six tourist spots in ONE afternoon? Hahaha. Perks of bringing your own transportation around, I guess. 

Since that day ended with all the unforgettable memories that it held, the next day we were bound back to Cebu. On our way to Tubigon port, we passed a man-made lake. It is more like it became a water reservoir because there is a non-functioning dam present. But boy, it looked stunning. In the photos below, the lake kind of looked small, but up close and personal, it is covered up a huge area. Hope you guys would drop by in Bohol someday! You won't regret it! 

Here is the summary of the places and their ranks so far (1 = I enjoyed it the most; 2 = I enjoyed it the less)

1.) Loboc River
2.) Chocolate Hills
3.) Zoocolate Thrills
4.) Tarsier Sanctuary
5.) Hinagdanan Cave
6.) Man-made Forest

Thank you, loves, for tuning into my Bohol adventure blog posts! Until next time! ♥ 




























Thank you, Chocolate Hills, and thank you, Bohol! YOU WERE GREAT! ♥

6 out of 6 tourist spots done! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs