Thursday, July 11, 2013

{ 13979 }

It was the night of July 7, 2012. I was busy being myself bubbly and all with my family just from church. I turned on the wifi and also turned on my laptop. Just the usuals, facebook and stuff.

And then I read a status from one of my friends who took the board exam on my Facebook newsfeed, stating that she is "feeling nervous". I forgot to breathe for a moment. " Is this... what I think it is?" is what I thought at first. I had to comment, I just had to.

And then Guada, ( a mutual friend between my friend who took the board exam and I), messaged me in reply to my comment, that the results will be up between 9-12 am that night. I asked if it's reliable. And she said yes. I felt a slight hit of panic growing inside me. Growing. Dwelling. I was so nervous. I didn't sleep.

I couldn't.

It was past midnight and the results weren't out yet. I amused myself. I mean, me? Having the courage to look for my name on the roster? And I thought I told myself not to. Because it might hurt as heck.

I fell asleep and morning came.

I thought it was one of those moments where rumors start to get the best of us. So I felt relieved somehow.

I logged in my Facebook and there you have it, I saw multiple posts of congratulations with tagged names and people posting their designated roster numbers and their names as statuses.

Everyone was congratulating everyone on Facebook. And what worried me was that I wasn't part of that everyone.

Panic grew inside of me again. I entered the official PRC website on the search box but it was busy. Must be because of the multiple visitors. Anxiety grew. Panic followed. I decided to take a bath. You know, to relax. But it didn't stop. It eventually grew even more.

I was losing hope.

I texted my mom and my cousin. Hoping that they would have much more luck in their offices checking the site. My cousin told me the site was also busy in their place. Mom too. I was getting depressed.

I went to my room. Checked my phone. 3 missed calls, and 3 messages.

MISSED CALLS:

My cousin

My mom

and

Jo

I wondered why Jo called. Must be because she wanted to comfort me or something.

TEXT MESSAGES:

2 messages from mom asking instructions on how to check the site and one message from a friend of mine stating:

" CONGRATULATIONS MAU. YOU PASSED."

I reread the message over and over again. I couldn't believe my eyes. Who would want to joke around like that? And it could also mean one possible thing.

I jumped up and down with glee, mumbling words that aren't found in the dictionary and went to my altar and thanked God.



The feeling is bittersweet. I was only happy for about 10 seconds. Don't ask why. :3

I was lucky and blessed enough that I got to pass the exam on my first take. I praised Jesus. :'((((((

After that time-stopping moment, Jo sent me a message " CONGRATULATIONS" and shiz. :) And people started to congratulate me on Facebook.

----------------------

Congratulations to all the new RNs especially to my friends.

HAPPY THREE FRIENDS:

Guada, Mary and I ♥

We are all nurses nooow.

---------------------------------

JUST YOUR AVERAGE RANDOM BLOGGER,

MAU


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs