Saturday, November 18, 2017

Bohol - Hinagdanan Cave



If there's one tourist place that I would have my second thoughts on it, it would be caves. Aside from being asthmatic, I just don't like to think that I would be going in an enclosed place with bats, a few lights, and one escape route in case of worst case scenarios. It gives me the heebies-jeebies. However, Mark wanted to show me this place because we were already in Tagbilaran City (we had to withdraw money haha). This would be the second cave I have been to in my entire life. First one was in Camotes island.

It was another motorcycle ride from Loboc to Tagbilaran to Bingag (I have to remind myself that Mark did a pretty great job driving me all over Bohol). Since Mark visited the place years ago, we had to stop and ask some people as we were making our way. You see, the one thing I really love about Bohol (as their slogan states, "The City of Friendship") is that the people would answer you with a gleaming smile and an accommodating personality. ♥ I I keep telling that to Mark that I love the Bol-anon people.

As we were nearing our destination, something creepy happened. As you all would know, I was a back-ride passenger. When we passed some woods, I saw five statues that somehow conveyed a family. A father, a mother, a teenage girl, and two children (a boy and a girl) holding hands. And they look like as if they came out from the woods. As we passed them, I immediately told Mark that when we would head back to the city, I would like to stop and take a photo of them because I found it so creepy and chilling, as if they were somehow alive. However, when we were heading back to the highway, Mark kept asking me where I found them. My hair was slowly standing at its end because they were nowhere to be found. Mark then told me, "Actually, when you mentioned of the statues when we were heading to the cave, I saw none." When I informed my friends at work, they told me it must have been "engkantadas." Haha. I don't really know what they were or how they disappeared, but that mere chilling thought makes me restless at night.

The cave's entrance is PHP50 if you are not going to swim in the water reservoir. If you do, it would costs PHP75 (but they limit it to a 30-minute swim only for safety reasons since there are no lifeguards or whatsoever). There were lots of souvenir shops and stalls selling fruit shakes just outside the cave, you know, just in case you get thirsty. Haha. Unfortunately, we didn't bring extra clothes so we had to stick with the PHP50. So if you're planning to visit this place, go for the swimming and say hi to the statues for me if you see them. :s

As we descended deeper into the cave, I took my time with every step because it was REALLY dark (caps lock on the really because it is, really). I used my flash but the photos still need some brightening up. Mark had to hold my hand to guide me since I'm helpless in the dark. When we reached the water reservoir, it was beautiful. The water was so clear that Mark's shoes were soaked because he thought that where he was stepping at had no water. Haha. See? THAT clear. Since we were only taking photos, I didn't get to have much fun. So imagine that if it had been different if we had to swim. So we just spent, hmmm, probably around 20 minutes in the cave and then continued on with our next destination.

This ranked 5th out of the six places I've been to.

Until next time, loves!




























Thank you, Hinagdanan Cave! Until next time with the swimming! ♥ 

2 out of 6 tourist spots done! 





4 comments:

  1. Nice place for people who love caves 😂😍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mau! I miss reading your blog! I remember that trip to Camotes too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Was I able to blog about the Camotes Island? I'm not sure. Hahaha!

      Delete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs